P&O Ferries

ericd

Funny isn't it, if we couldn't afford the round trip, because it was expensive........we preferred to catch say Dover/ Calais on the way down and come back via Zeebrugge. It just felt good getting off the boat first thing on a morning and being home by lunch, OR prior to leaving France being at friends or families homes in England by lunch, and even earlier if we were going to see friends in York first!

As you live near the Tyne, have you not got any connections, friends or family so you could catch the freight line that goes to Zeebrugge regularly, a friend of ours has done this in the past.

I think that it would be fair (accurate) to say that ferry or rail travel between the UK and France is cancelled until at least the end of the month. Could easily be longer IMO.

Very sad for so many travellers wanting to take their hols and for others just wanting to see family.

President Macron is to speak this Sunday at 20h00 to give the latest info on "confinement". I can only guess that he will be announcing a lower lockdown level and likely confirming the opening of all internal EU borders for the 15th June (opeing to EU members, not to the whole world).

In which case (and I am only hoping), UK travellers will be able to travel throughout the Eu area. Visitors to France will have to quarantine (ti-for-tat reaction for the UK's decision) in a chosen place and preferably travel to that place by car.