LOOKING FOR A BILINGUAL LAWYER IN BURGUNDY AREA

RedRooster

Can anyone give me a personal recommendation for a bilingual lawyer (my French is ok but not fluent) who is based in Burgundy, and is experienced in property (hoping to buy a property in this area) and business/tax issues in France, who is pleasant to deal with and doesn't charge like a wounded bull?

Any suggestions/recommendations would be gratefully received,

Many thanks

I am no expert but normally you and the seller would use a Notaire for the property transaction.  In fact I don't think a French layer can do this and you MUST use a Notaire.  You might be able to use a Layer as well but unless there are complications I would think you would be wasting your money.

Also, from a business/tax perspective I would think an accountant might be more help.  Always consider if you need somebody local as there is a OK'ish telephone system in France that allows reasonable communications between distant places.  My own accountant is some distance away (actually I don't know where he is without looking at his headed paper).  I always deal with him via e-mail and telephone and it works well.

But I am no expert.

Ian