very large worm

mooky

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Dick Smith"]

No, I tell a lie, it was 'We'll mae the keel row". Cushy Butterfield was a pub in Sunderland...

[/quote]

That's the song about colliers and boats I was trying to remember.  Except it was "Weel mae the keel row" as in "weel" = "well".  Ta, Dick![:)]

[quote user="Dick Smith"]I learned Cushy Butterfield at primary school in Surrey...

Cushy Butterfield was a pub in Sunderland...

[/quote]

Jude and I can't remember the pub, but ...

"She's a big lass, she's a bonny lass, an' she likes her beer

An' ah call her Cushie Butterfield an' I wish she was here. "

This all brings back memories .......standing with other kids outside a house when the bride came out to go to church  and her dad throwing  handfuls of pennies for us kids to scramble for ....and if he did not "hoy oot  " shouting "shabby wedding " ..........do it today somebody would be  arrested for causing a breach  of the peace . As for Penshaw Hill .....have sledged down that into the barbed wire fence at the bottom ...... on a sledge with runners made in the pit head workshops .... where most of the kids got them  from . .    

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Har har. Har hardy har har.

Har.
[/quote]

Should there be an apostriphie in ther somewhere? I must be getting paranoik... Or is that parachutik. It's a buggger gerin awd! If I kud spek jawdi I'm shaw I cud find a spellin mastik there sumwere in ther? But I onli spek gud English, with a very posh aksent.

Sorry but I thought this thread was about worms. If I go off topic my knuts get chewd orf.

We get some huge worms in our garden, about 18 inches long. They are wonderful things and how they ever get through the reinforced ground we have beats me. Long may they be with us.

Yes - they seem to have the ability to burrow through concrete (such is the consistency of parts of our ground in summer, like yours).  For something that's soft and wriggly like a piece of wet spaghetti it's pretty impressive going.

I think as long as we go off topic when the teacher's not looking and come back on again when she is, then we can get away with it in short bursts.

Sorry, Mooky!  Jude and I went for a (rare) walk in the forest on Sunday and on top of a recently cut tree stump were two of the most enormous slugs I have ever seen.  They were a tan colour, one about 6 inches long, the other 4 inches.  Probably not record beaters but certainly big enough to give you a good fight if you took them on.  I guess they were interested in the sap?

I like your funny bits in this post? I don't know what your'e all on, but it cheered me up.

I raked up a big catterpillar today? I thought it was a slu but no it's a catterpillar: It is about 4" long when not moving about 6 when. Brown and fawn, with a spikey black horn on its bottom. I took a photo on my digi but I don't know how to post them on here.

I keep seeing 'big things' in my garden!!!!I would love to know what it is.

Blinkin' 'eck Mooky (I'm practicing my apostrophe's, by the way).  That's a corker:

[IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i26/cassiscassis/michael013.jpg[/IMG]

How did you get the photo without it mugging you and making off with the camera?

EDIT:  And why Michael?  Does he eat ears?  Or ride a moped?

That's the blighter you identified for me on our barn door a few weeks back, isn't it?  You never told me the caterpillar was such a beefy beggar!  No, I correct myself - that was an eyed hawk moth

[img]http://www.biopix.dk/Temp/Smerinthus%20ocellata%2000002.JPG[/img]

[quote user="Cassis"]Blinkin' 'eck Mooky (I'm practicing my apostrophe's, by the way).  That's a corker:

[/quote]

Hi Cas, (apostrophe's) surely that don't nead a ''' (the one in the middle is the one, the one either side are the ones pointing out the one in the middle, I think?) 'cause it's a plural not a possesive thingy? Not good at these things 'cause if you can't pick it up I don't understand it. I think that's wot I mean's? Big sod though init...