absolute heaven

Money can't buy it. It's better than any antidepressant tablet. It is mysterious, beautiful, just about everything wonderful. I may not have good health, or much money but I am so enriched by it.

What is it? It's a nightingale outside my bedroom window every night, so so beautiful;

Excellent! We, too, have them singing at night. The others we have around us are Hoopoes and Golden Orioles and the Barn Owl at night brings a smile to my face every time we hear it. A week ago we took a couple of days off in the Correze and saw a rather bizarre sight - rather than a flock of seagulls following the tractor ploughing the field there was about 12 or 15 Kites! What with the fantastic sight of migrating cranes twice a year, we certainly have some fascinating birdlife here in the Limousin. Enjoy your Nightingale, Mooky!

Steve

When taking the Grandchildren to The Forest of Villecartier, we saw a buzzard trying to pick up a red squirrel. I jumped out of the car and the Buzzard dropped the squirrel which managed to survive the experience and hide in some ivy. The first time I've seen a red squirrel even though I lived a few miles from Brownsea Island in Dorset. The grandchildren were totally unfazed by the event.

Regards.

[quote user="Grumpy"]Excellent! We, too, have them singing at night. The others we have around us are Hoopoes and Golden Orioles and the Barn Owl at night brings a smile to my face every time we hear it. A week ago we took a couple of days off in the Correze and saw a rather bizarre sight - rather than a flock of seagulls following the tractor ploughing the field there was about 12 or 15 Kites! What with the fantastic sight of migrating cranes twice a year, we certainly have some fascinating birdlife here in the Limousin. Enjoy your Nightingale, Mooky!

Steve
[/quote]

We have Golden Oriels, Hoopoes, Owls and recently a pair of some sort of birds of prey.  These latter are big and act and behave like birds of prey but I don't know enough to tell what sort they are.  They are so elegant and assured as they swoop and circle and I swear they know I am watching them through my binocs because they kind of dive towards me and wheel about, showing their undersides and then their topsides.  Amazing sight and me, knowing next to nothing about birds, but I am totally captivated.