swallow

[IMG]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n140/Mooky_011/bonfire027.jpg[/IMG]
 You don't get the opportunity to see Swallows so close up. This little chap payed a visit to my lounge and couldn't get out.

Nice photo, Mooky.

When I've had birds stuck in my house, I open all the windows (with the curtains tied up) and close the door.  They eventually find their way out.

The worst was a couple of very large jackdows that had fallen down the chimney, which was scary stuff.

"The worst was a couple of very large jackdows that had fallen down the chimney, which was scary stuff."

On two occasions we have had a bird fall down the chimney and into the unlit stove! Both times with stove doors left open and external door open the bird recovered and flew out towards the light.

Very nice mooky, thanks for showing us that [:)]. I love swallows. For the last two years in Spring I've been woken early in the morning several times by a pair of swallows that have flown in through the open window, circled the room a few times and landed on top of the wardrobe chattering away most excitedly, as they do. I'm not too well up on Swallowese but I got the impression it was along the lines of "Oi, it's a lovely day, get up you lazy b*gger". It hasn't happened so far this year but that may be due to not sleeping with the windows open so much because of the crappy weather!