Snake

I saw a snake on the road outside my house when I returned from the brico in my car this morning.

It was about a metre long and very dark green with no visible pattern makings on it. As it scuttled off as soon as I arrived I couldn't take a photo of it.

Can anyone identify it from my description please?

cheminot.

The moderators have removed several posts from this thread.

Please keep to the topic of the original thread and do not impede or disrupt the flow of the discussions in the Forum.

Forum Admin and the Moderators would like to remind you that "By entering and posting on the forum, you agree to abide by the code of conduct."

If you have any questions about this post, please do

not post them in the forum (they will be deleted without warning) but

simply use the report button attached to THIS post.

Well, when trying to respond via the Report button, this is what I get:

Access Denied

You do not have permissions to perform the requested action.

So I have to post this and risk deletion. What I will say, for the record, is that I think your actions a little Draconian, bordering on the nanny-ish.  There was a lighthearted side to some of the responses in the post without detracting from it, and I think MOST of us are adult enought to realise this.  Also, it might have been courteous to have said that your intentions were to remove the posts, rather than leave us all wondering what had happened.

Chris

You say that you "have to post this and risk deletion ".  I shan't delete, but perhaps you would like to read another opinion, what wildlife expert Chris has to say, here http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1283659/ShowPost.aspx . 

Whilst threads often do eventually turn into chit-chat and light hearted joking, it is usual (and shows more consideration to the original poster) to wait until the question has been answered.

It appears that I've missed all the fun! I havent had time to look at replies since I posted this so I suppose I'll just have to settle for the grass snake.

I was hoping for something a bit more exotic but my 'other half' is quite relieved!

cheminot

Given that Chris has said that he did not report any posts, the OP certainly didn't, and on the other thread there is no support for Chris' position, can we have the other posts back - it seems they offended no-one and the OP would like to read them.

Difficult to see why they were removed, in fact.

I'll go further than that, Dick - reading the post as it is now (and out of context, because the "offending" material has been removed), Chris's is now the only post in which "mamba" is mentioned, and the uninformed may well think that it is he that is being facetious...

Sensible moderating, please.

Chris