At the Dentist

Lesbatees

Help!

I have a dental crown, which is mounted on a peg that fits in to (what used to be) the root of one of my front teeth. Damn thing has always been a problem, as periodically the cement that holds it in cracks and it comes loose.

I need to go to the dentist. I've had a good one recommended to me, but he doesn't speak English. I've looked everywhere to find the French term for "crown", but I can't. Also, what words do I use to explain that the crown is loose? The dictionary is no help at all.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Val

Dont take this as a flippant remark,but surely when you get in the chair and open your mouth to point at the `crown` the dentist will know what the problem is .Perhaps pas fort(not strong) whilst showing him/her may assist.
I know of this problem well as the children kept loosening dads for him whilst playing..he eventually resorted to a titanium suport,a very painfull and expensive technique but very permanent.

"Une couronne", it has the same range of definitions as in English, ie the queen also wears it on her head. I can't remember ever having been to the dentist (yet) in France but I guess he/she would use the verb "cracher" when telling you to spit in to the bowl? Or would it be "rincer"?

Margaret