translation

Gooliegumdrop

Hi everyone

I have been reading with interest various posts to the Living France Forum, especially your posts regarding language worries. Anyway, as a French-English Translator and Tutor, I would happily translate any small letters and documents you may have (up to about 300 words) FREE OF CHARGE. I will translate your correspondance, bills etc., or answer any queries concerning the French language. You can contact me at
[email protected] Honestly, there are no strings, if I have the time, I will help.

Golly gumdrops, gooliegumdrop,

That honestly is a a most generous offer, I would think a lot of newcomers (and maybe some not so new?) will be very happy to know you are there for them.

By the way, you don't speak Italian do you ? If so, could you write to Mr Ranieri and tell him to maybe not tinker quite as much in the future, thanks.

Miki

That's a very nice offer - and as a newcomer to the forum, very much appreciated. I'm trying to be as self sufficient as possible, and am progressing in conversational French, but letters are a difficulty with my awful grammar ( and Babel Fish is only OK as an online translato - nothing like the personal touch).

Nice to know that there is someone prepared to provide occasional support - thanks!

Squirrel

Hi again everyone,

Following my recent post offering my help with your language problems and issues etc, I have since been approached by one or two people enquiring about on-line language tuition; would anyone else be interested in the prospect of tuition via email and/or telephone? I am an experienced tutor and translator, but so far have only ever taught 'face to face'. However, the concept of 'on-line language tuition' would perhaps suit many people, especially those of you who are unable to find a tutor in your locality, or those of you with busy lives! Anyway, if there is enough interest, I will put together some kind of language program geared towards this approach. To ensure that the method is effective and useful, I will probably offer some kind of initial free trial. So any 'guinea pigs' out there who may be interested, please email me at [email protected]

In the meantime, please feel free to carry on mailing me or posting your queries regarding language etc.