Radio

Gwenhwyfar

"France Inter" is a good one and as mentioned above it is like radio 4 in the U.K. "France Bleu" gives a lot of local chat and news but the jingle "France Bleu x 2" can become annoying! "Nostalgie" is not bad in short doses.

If you like classical music then "Classique FR" (I think that's the name ) is like Classic FM and "France Musique" is good as well. there is obviously less speaking on these two but they usually describe the music they are about to play and the speaking tends to be less hurried.

Gill

p.s. It's a great way to improve your French

France info.  It is around 105.5, and it is nothing but news, but the good thing is that is constantly repeats itself.  I can't listen to it for too long now, because it annoys me but, when I first got here and really wanted to improve my French it was great, because it was like doing repeat listenings.  Also, as I got to know the little jingles, I knew what was coming up, and also they don't do discussion programmes as such, but just little interviews or monologues.  Now I listen to Europe 1, influenced by my French husband and I really felt I'd reached a good level in French when, a few years ago, I started to find Laurent Ruquier funny...

I'd agree with Jane - Europe 1 is pretty much the best "talk" radio, though possibly not for people begining French. As for music radio...its all fairly dire. By default (because they are easy for me to find!) I end up with RTL2 or Alouette ("toujours plus de hits!" - no, you've got a play list of about 50 and 43 of them are awful). If you would like to plumb the depths, NRJ is particularly moronic though. The ONLY thing I miss about the UK now is some half decent music radio. TV I can take or leave - we'd never get SKY - but once ADSL happens to us I look forward to having xfm back. Unless anyone could suggest an alternative?