Builders note

scotty

Scotty, it must be cryptic builders-speak as these terms ('accas', 'luse') do not appear anywhere (have consulted the best professional online dictionaries). I suppose, at a push, 'l'accas' could be a short for 'l'accastillage' but that's more of a nautical term ('fittings') I think; as for 'luse' I have no idea. Is it to do with your septic tank ('la fosse') ?

1) Who said/wrote that ? (English or French speaker ?)

2) Are you 100% sure it's these terms they've said or written out ?

3) What's the context ?

4) Is that the full sentence ?

5( What is the nature of the work exactly ?

Also, I don't think I fully understand the last bit either (really, I'm not of much help here !): 'en place de chemin'. IYO, could it mean 'where the path is' OR 'instead of the path' ? (Is a path involved ?).

"Il faut réaliser l'accas avec découpe du fosse et luse en place de chemin".

Just a guess but - could it be:

**Il faut realiser l'acces avec decoupe du fosse et mise en place de chemin** -

just in case your builder's handwriting is anything like our  plumber's.

Sue

Yes Spg, agree with you, would make more sense than my version, yours sounds more plausible ('il faut réaliser l'accés avec découpe du fossé et mise en place de/d'un chemin') although I've never heard of a ditch being carved up ! but there you are. Would thus translate as: 'access must be created with ditch cut up and path laid out'

[quote]Yes Spg, agree with you, would make more sense than my version, yours sounds more plausible ('il faut réaliser l'accés avec découpe du fossé et mise en place de/d'un chemin') although I've never heard...[/quote]

Vraititi

I think you have it cracked, as the builder has to create an access road to the plot and he has to make this access over the existing ditch by the side of the road. He also will dig a hole for the house foundations and another for the fosse septique.

[quote]Thanks for the mention Vraititi but you did the actual translation of the phrase which is what Scotty wanted in the first place - I just did a bit of speculative rearranging of syllables. Sue[/quote]

Sue & Vraititi,

it's nice to find such modesty in two so young. Thanks again to you both.