BBC French quiz

bizzyliz

The joys of working in a French secondary school, I had no trouble with the drug addict question

My in-laws play Monopoly to their own rules (for example: all the community chest/chance money goes on the free parking and you get it if you land there) and I usually refuse to play because I get confused and they won't let me be the bank (I only got the colours confused with the UK version once but they won't let me forget it) But I've played it enough to remember rue de la paix

I got 12, but kind of didn't want to, I mean "mon père est chomeur" I don't think so, mon père est au chomage is what would be said. Also "je viens de visiter ma soeur". Visiter is totally inappropriate for a sister, for so many reasons (visiter a place, the doctor... or a prostitute), it should have been, je viens de rendre visite à ma soeur

Reminds me of a line from an Agatha Christie "the inspector spoke good British French"

• 3 weeks later...

[quote]I got 12, but kind of didn't want to, I mean "mon père est chomeur" I don't think so, mon père est au chomage is what would be said. Also "je viens de visiter ma soeur". Visiter is totally inappropr...[/quote]

Quite right Tourangelle!

I did not like the chomeur bit too and got marked down!... That way means he is a professional at being on the dole, making chomeur his line of business!! whilst if he is 'au chomage' is more appropriate as it is his bad luck he has been made redundant...

Sorry BBC! you are not always right....

I have done their other subject quizzes and one or two questions (can't remember off hand which subjects) could have done with some double checking of the facts!....