Long term Gardiennage - Health cover - several questions.

Housesitters

Hi

I have been offered a long term Gardiennage position for a villa in the Cote d'Azur.  The French owners will employ me in return for gardening, security and upkeep of their property whilst they are away. They have said they will organise the paperwork for me to get into the French social security system entitling me and my wife to French health care, etc.

The question is, would it be better for my wife who is on long term IB, to get an E121 or to rely on the "family" cover my employment will entitle her to?

The reason I ask this, what if my employment comes to a premature end and we want to stay in France? I presume we would  no longer be covered, but I believe an E121 would cover us both, regardless of employment.

If I did get made unemployed, could we get back into the UK system if it all goes pear shaped and we end up back here? (hopefully not!) We will be keeping our UK home too.

Saying that, we are hoping to settle in France one day but want to cover all bases if possible.

I realise there are a few questions here and I am most probably trying to cover too many possibilities with one easy solution. However, any thoughts or advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance.