roof on sticks

retread

I have no chance until now What are the buildings called which I see in the south west, they resemble a roof without the walls and are a more substantial version of a tonnelle? see i dont even know the words in English let alone French. better still can you buy them off the shelf or do i have to explain to my local artisan?

Virtual french person was fairly wide of the mark what I've seen is four or more posts or legs supporting a rustic set of roof trusses with a roman tiled roof single storey and looks as if it was used as a store for wood or for ag machines in a field . a sort of small barn.

[quote user="retread"]Virtual french person was fairly wide of the mark what I've seen is four or more posts or legs supporting a rustic set of roof trusses with a roman tiled roof single storey and looks as if it was used as a store for wood or for ag machines in a field . a sort of small barn.[/quote]

You're welcome...

Cat      the Lavoire looks right without the laverie, I want just the roof,  perhaps virtual French person can help?

The hanger is your usual Agricultural barn, far too tall and without the wood maybe I'm in error but isnt a hanger covered in on the sides?

I was aware that every thing from a terrace cover to a garden shed is called an Abri but I'm looking for a term specific to this type of construction, sorry to be pedantic but I'm getting used to filling in forms in France and pedantic do'nt come into it.