Can anyone translate this for me please ?

londoneye

Nous vous informons que cet article répond parfaitement à vos attentes.

I think it means that the article I have ordered corresponds to what I have explained that I require.    Which doesnt explain why said article (a transformer) doesn't actually work.

If my understanding is correct, then can someone help me with

'can you please explain to me how to wire up this transformer, because we cannot get it to work'

or something similar.

sorry to be a complete pain - have gone into 'lost the will to live mode' over something.

Any help appreciated !!

Hi all

thanks for translation.

Transformer is Weiss (bought from Conrad electrics); after contacting all and sundry in terrible french, it has been decided, even by the company who sold us the transformer that it is the correct one for the job (to attach to our bilge pump which requires a 12V DC power source) and thus the transformer is not correctly functioning.   We have decided we can't bear any more transformer investigations now and are going to buy a battery !!   Defeatist, but I don't have any more time available to spend on my transformer quest !!

For info Anton, pump works fine when hooked up to battery, so definitely not the pump at fault here, transformer buzzes and sort of turns pump over but not sufficiently to make any water come out of pump.

Exactly - and he is not a he !!   Could you not pick up the girlie terminology???

We also felt transformer acted like it was not powerful enough but, briefly :

pump is 1.5 AMPS at 13.6 VDC ; fuse 2 AMP

transformer is :   230 to 12 V, 36,0 VA

Don't understand why that wouldn't be powerful enough (only because everyone has told me it should be you understand, not from any personal knowledge, although I do know a lot more about transformers than I did two weeks ago !)

Maybe the point Powerdesal was making is that your pump needs a DC supply, and the output from a transformer will be AC. So you may well need a rectifier, to convert DC to AC, in addition to the transformer.

It gets confusing because 'transformers' sometimes have built-in rectifiers, which would, strictly speaking, make them 'power supplies' rather than just 'transformers'. But from what you say about this one, i.e. output is AC, you will need a rectifier. It you are feeding AC to a DC motor then it will almost certainly buzz, and maybe start to turn, but will not actually rotate. The pump consumes about 20W so a 36VA transformer should be adequate though I would personally feel happier with something a little bigger to cope with start-up currents and overcome any circuit losses.

But to summarise - it sounds to me as if you need a rectifier as well, and ideally a capacitor or filter to smooth out the curent to something closer to the output of a battery.

Thank you again all.    Someone is going to complain soon because this is nothing to do with French language anymore!

I take the point about DC, but since the technical department have been advised that I require a DC output I had assumed that the transformer would have some kind of internal rectifier (gosh learning new lingo all the time here !).

Anyway, I think I have taken up enough of everyone's time on this one, so many thanks again.

Hopefully someone will soon post a question on the French language to bring this section back on track !!