Moyen àge

Pads

Pads, is it true that they used to put meat at one end of the pasty and custard in the other so that you get your mains and dessert in the one pastry container?

I can't quite believe that but a friend from Cornwall when I was at university assured me that that was what they took down the tin mines to eat!

If that was true, what must it taste like, the bit in the middle that tasted of both savoury meat and sweet custard???!!![:-))]

It was Jam at one end and meat and potatoe at the other, the thick turned crust at the side  was for them to hold them with, as in the tin mines they would come in contact with arsnic., and could not go to wash there hands so they would eat the pasty and chuck the thick crust after eating, , sad that as its my favorite bit [:)]        

[quote user="sweet 17"]

If that was true, what must it taste like, the bit in the middle that tasted of both savoury meat and sweet custard???!!![:-))]

[/quote]

Makes you wonder about mince meat dosnt it.... I beleive that was once a sweet mince ...!!

Just looked this up: no mention of a night cap

Definitions of sobersides

1. [n] - a serious and sedate individual

Quotes

Sorry no example quotes for "sobersides" were found

sobersides Synonyms

Sorry no alternative words for "sobersides" found

Other infomation on sobersides

uSearch results for sobersides

WIKIPEDIA results for sobersides

amazon results for sobersides

ebay results for sobersides

[quote user="Just Katie"]

some guy in a suit tried dragging my mate out of a taxi then slapped her around the head.  City life eh?  [:@]

[/quote]

He's lucky I wasn't there and he's even luckier it wasn't me that he slapped[:@]