déjeuner du matin?

Pads

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Pads"]

I love it when you get given half a story and its left to everyone to make up whats going on. We use to play a party game based on this it was so interesting to see how people picked up on different parts of the story.[/quote]

Cowoman - we're playing Pads' game.

yes thats how I see it [:)] you can almost be there seeing it. I can almost smell it................

Being a people watcher, I spend hours watching people reading newspapers drinking  coffee and dealing with the people around them , its fascinating ..............[:$]   

Pads!

You must watch the film "Le Chat" by Pierre Granier-Deferre starring Simone Signoret and Jean Gabin.  You'll love it - it broke my heart and you will definately find at least one scene worthy of the poem by Prèvoit.

It' not in black and white though.

• 3 weeks later...

A completely different analysis from a man's perspective,
(I know, sue me . . . I have resisted, but had to come back to it!)
clearly they were in love until recently but have had a passionate argument, the photo is broken,
(I know its a detail in the film not the poem but perceptive nonetheless),
He does not show he is angry with her, his emotions are damaged, he is resigned to silence until she can find the right words, (to say my fault, I'm sorry, just chokes her!)
He takes no possessions, he will return and they will be forced to painfully work this through.
He shows no emotion nor says anything because his words cannot resolve this situation, he is numbed.
She cries, (not in front of him) ipso facto she is the guilty party and knows it; she cannot restrain or hold him because of the damage she has done, she is distraught by his discovery of her mistake and cannot find the way forward.
She shouldn't have overspent on the credit card and hid the statement last month!

I think the music is Erik Satie - Gymnopédie No.1, which was nice, but should have been The hardest word!

friends come and go, but someone precious you should hold on to.[8-|]

I'm not making assumptions of course ([Www]) merely offering my take in a modern scenerio; In 1946 whenever, I doubt she would have had unfettered access to a store card!

I found this, http://www.ph-ludwigsburg.de/html/2b-frnz-s-01/overmann/baf4/prevert/dejeuner.htm
and I didn't read right through but like the section where students have to write the ending, great opportunities! my preference was Babettes, especially the details of the embrace!

BABETTE
Mais quoi?

Il est retourné!

Il a apporté des fleurs!

Il a mis les fleurs dans une vase.

“Je regrette,” il a dit.

“Et je regrette,” j’ai dit.

Nous nous embrassons et

Il a mis la main sur mes fesses!

J’étais fâché! Et je suis parti!

Et il a pris la tête dans la main, et il a pleuré.

Thanks for asking Sweet 17 I still have a normal head most of the time! (but also two others now, a past head and a future head, don't lets go there on here.)