translation please for constat amiable d'accident automobile

mint

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Odile, it was you, you naughty person who taught that naughty word, "chiffe-molle".  But, thank you for your concern.

You've no idea the naughty things that you have taught me in French.  When I use your naughty words in my French class, even the teacher is nonplussed (or is that a French word as well?)

[/quote]

What is your teacher like??? As a languages teacher I always enjoyed seeing my students use all sort of expressions including popular/slang/cockney/Shakesperian, whatever.  What a shame if you teacher poopoos these!

Have you got over your door emotions! xx

My French teacher is "adorable" (French & English senses).

Yes, thank you, Odile.  I had a day when I was very quiet (really unusual for me, as you can imagine) and very sad.

Haven't yet had an opinion on the car.  Might have to be written off [:'(]

Been Nordic Walking with an instructor and that might be my only mode of transport if the car's irreparable!

I was definitely à coté de mes pompes but I'm fine now.  Merci. 

How do you go nordic walking à coté de tes pompes! T'es douée toi! LOL!

So glad you are feeling better. Remind me, when are you going to les Contamines? I so hope the car is mendable - I love walking and public transport - but a car IS v. useful. xx

Oui, Odile, sans dout, je suis douée![:P]

But I adore nordic walking and Cendrillon and I might come cross-country skiing with you next year.  The instructor told me that, apart from using different poles (and, of course, different footwear), the action of NW and "skiing à fond "(did I hear right?) is the same.

Off to Geneva Friday and then coach to Les Contamines Saturday and then walking on Sunday and Monday and Tuesday and...............bliss.[:D]

have a fantastic time! Ski de fond ..... à fond (cross country skiing full throttle!) - sounds great. We have plenty of space here - so you and Cendrillon would be most welcome. Do e-mail me nearer the time so we can sort our dates. I'll give you my tel no so we can have a good chat.

xxOdile

Odile, we didn't mean "put us up"!  Aaaaaarr..........gggggggggggg!

We meant we will come and you teach us how to do it, you spend time with us, you give up all your spare time, you leave Gatsby and the OH to their own devices, you be endlessly patient, you pick us up if we fell down, you convey us to the nearest hospital, you visit us whilst we are in the hospital recovering, you......well, you get the idea![:D]

No, seriously, Odile, you are just so kind and generous and good-natured and, in fact, Cendrillon is without internet whilst she is in France (and she is here in her house en ce moment) and we'd thought it would be a nice thing to do, to visit a place near you and meet up and go and do something adventurous with you, c'est tout![kiss]

[quote user="Clair"](remember, you made me... [:P])

One Sunday, this peasant came home ravenous, having worked in the fields all morning. He asked his wife what she was cooking for lunch.
On hearing that, being Sunday, it was a poule au pot, he sat down happily at the table.
The following day, he had leftover poule au pot.
On Tuesday, he had leftover veg from the poule au pot.
On Wednesday, he had soup made from the poule au pot.
On Thursday, he had watered-down broth from the poule au pot soup leftovers.
On Friday, he had fish.
On Saturday, he had bread and cheese.
And then it was Sunday again.
Having worked in the fields all morning, he came home ravenous and asked his wife what she was cooking for lunch.
On hearing her reply, he rushed past her, throwing her to the ground and ran out in great fury, brandishing his axe above his head.
She rushed after him, shouting: "Ravaillac, Ravaillac, where are you going? Ravaillac?"

(Henri IV decreed that he wanted "every peasant in [his] kingdom to have boiled chicken on Sundays".
He was killed in Paris on14 May 1610 by François Ravaillac)

[/quote]

Hey, Clair, I found out today that Ravaillac was from Angoulême. 

I'm not sure why he killed the king but I think it was to do with a difference of religious opinion.

[quote user="sweet 17"]Hey, Clair, I found out today that Ravaillac was from Angoulême. I'm not sure why he killed the king but I think it was to do with a difference of religious opinion.[/quote]

All these years I'd  thought it was because he wanted a change of menu... [:P][:D]