Listening/Speaking help please

Keni

I am at present working on the OU L120 Course Intermediate French, which is good, but I am still having problems listening/speaking - not the basics but trying to 'tune into' spoken French.

Can anyone help me with somnething that I can download onto MP3 to listen to in my home time? Thanks.

Chris. Do you mean you were trying to subscribe to "2000 ans" or another one?

For "2000ans" from the second link I gave you you should see... on the right hand side...

en balade

> abbonez-vous au podcast                      

That should give you the opportunity to choose itunes.

OOOPS crossed  posts

[quote user="Chris"]Thanks for that DerekJ - I picked up the 2000 years of history, but when I tried to subscibe to the itunes it came back as not being able to find the page - any ideas?[/quote]

It works OK for me (sorry!) - clicked on the s'abonner

au podcast

link - clicked ok on the "add to itunes application" box and itunes opened and downloaded it.

Click on podcasts in itunes and there it is :-)

Where were you having problems?

Sorry Chris.  As I am already subscribed it, clicking on itunes takes me straight into my itunes podcast window (within itunes).  So, I can't really test it for you as I don't want to mess around and unsubscribe.

yeh, thanks for all that - sussed now - didn't have a itunes programme on the computer - obviously Windows Media Player will not synch with Apple! so now trying to figure how to download to the player from the computer - it's set up for WMP, but cannot see the synch button on the itunes! - still gives me a break from French!!!! Thanks everyone

• 2 weeks later...
Just to say I have found some of the 2000 ans d'histoire very informative. I especially love the music - it must be a requiem of some sort, am trying to find out what it is.

So far have laughed with 'Les Gaullois', enjoyed 'Anne et Mazarin', and found 'Darwin' good - they even used a bit of the BBC series!

• 2 months later...
Just to say have just finished my OU Intermediate Course in French - speaking assessment was Friday and posted written one last week. It is a god course for those not beginners and not knowing where to go for their next stage.

Thanks for all you help & info - still ove my 2000 years of history.