Is this correct or do you have a better suggestion ?

Pads

Thanks twinks ....

I keep emailing you but they come back dont know if its you or me ...as im having probs with my puter now I have it back here

While we are both on line email me now and I'll let you know if I get it ...its easier to reply to one sent

That could well be right in the context of a poem. There *is* an apostrophe to show something (the final e) is missing; plus if that final e *were* there, it would probably have to be pronounced - in poetic fashion – making an extra syllable that would spoil the whole scan of the line.

Counting the syllables as they stand (without pronouncing the final e of peine), the lines come out as:

Actually I have just googled the line, and see that it’s a song about . . . Ireland!

Can’t say I saw many flights of pink flamingoes last time I was there, but maybe I was in the wrong place. ;-)

Angela

PS

I would say:

Pink flamingoes lit up the sky

Everything seemed almost unreal

Alone in the world, watching this ballet

We hardly dared breathe a word.

[quote user="Loiseau"]That could well be right in the context of a poem. There *is* an apostrophe to show something (the final e) is missing; plus if that final e *were* there, it would probably have to be pronounced - in poetic fashion – making an extra syllable that would spoil the whole scan of the line.

Counting the syllables as they stand (without pronouncing the final e of peine), the lines come out as:

Actually I have just googled the line, and see that it’s a song about . . . Ireland!

Can’t say I saw many flights of pink flamingoes last time I was there, but maybe I was in the wrong place. ;-)

Angela

PS

I would say:

Pink flamingoes lit up the sky

Everything seemed almost unreal

Alone in the world, watching this ballet

We hardly dared breathe a word.[/quote]

A brilliant translation. Congratulations.

Unfortunately the original text is meretricious (as suggested by previous remarks about the ridiculous references to flamingoes....confused perhaps with Yeat's 'Wild Swans' ?) .

It is clear that the song- writer know nothing about the subject, and that the singer and song are abject.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDUzMzg2MzI=.html