Are retirement cotistations compulsory

Mike1958

Though we have an accountant and he was responsible for setting up our new company, I thought that I would pick your minds with regard to the retirement element of cotistations and whether they are optional or compulsory.

At and before retirement age I will receive two separate pensions, as well as my paid up part of my UK state pension if it indeed still exists.

I am happy with what I should receive and therefore would want to contribute any more unnecessarily

Yes, contributions are compulsory for most types of business. There are in fact two elements - retraite de base and retraite complémentaire obligatoire. Certain sectors may also have to pay pension d'invalidité and capital décès, which also come under the general heading of vieillesse (retirement funds). Note that these are not a personal pension, they are contributions to the general fund. What you get back depends on your points score based on the number of trimestres you have contributed (rather than the actual amount) - you can purchase additional trimestres if you need to increase your entitlement.