Translation please

Bugsy

Bit of a Funny story Sid.

We had the idea to sell the Triton and buy something like a Hobby 440.

But after having someone round to view we both decided (independently) that we didn't really want to sell it.

As to our experiences of Eriba ownership they are, once you've learnt how to avoid banging your head, just brilliant caravans. Tows like a dream, easy to move around and it's quality-built like the proverbial tank.

We bought a large awning for it last year which doubles the useable space.

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/IMG_0694.jpg[/IMG]

If Carlsberg made caravans, surely they'd be like Eribas.....!![:D]

We've caravanned since 1982 and gone through a series of family 'vans but always liked the look, and particularly the manageability, of the Eribas. However, we won't be getting another caravan at this stage and we still have our Lunar 2-berth. (22 years old now).

I've just looked Eriba up and says that they are closing. I must say that we had looked at them, but without the glowing recommendations that I have seen on here I would have not given them a second glance really.

Just one company in the UK as far as I can see 'Idun'. Dealers in any product come and go, its the way things are today.

The french Hymer factory was in trouble last year but they are still in production in Germany and spares are available everywhere.

They are not to everyones taste of course and are very expensive to buy. Depreciation, on the other hand, is lower than virtually any other caravan.

I noticed the the 2nd hand prices seemed high.

Well a small caravan would probably suit our needs. Only we have just moved and have the size garden that I wanted and nowhere to park a caravan. Although I do know of somewhere where we could pay to park one when it was not in use.

Cannot see us doing it now, but you never know.

It was the easy to pull etc that I thought was important for us.

[quote user="Bugsy"][quote user="suej"] OH worked for them - Probably the best employers in world....... !  [/quote]

Hymer (Eriba) or Carlsberg ? [:D]

[/quote]

Carlsberg -  in the days when "probably..." was their advertizing slogan.

Seriously good - company I mean, (never touched the lager personally, even the freebies) In 20 odd years OH consistently found them straight, fair , good to work for.  Even we wives or partners benefitted- social do's , family days,  little prezzies.. nice sports bags, towels etc 

Change began to set in once they started merging with other companies in the industry........allegedly! least said  the better!

Incidentally , we have campervan but if we ever changed to towing we'd be quite keen on an Eriba.