very frightened

Patf

[8-|]......Thanks Pachapapa, I couldn't have found any better myself....

It's a bit like the feminin or masculin article to be used on a new word (le ou la) ie. internet would be le (l'internet) French people (well most of us [:)]) have the knack at picking the correct one, we just know. We leave it to you speaker of french as a second language, to come up with the rules (or my wife but that's the same).

Think that's definitely game,set and match to Pachapappa.

Just a thought .....don't think I've seen a simple

"elle etait si peureuse" anywhere in these posts, or "elle avait une peur bleue (de)" She was SO afraid/fearful or "She was scared stiff (of)" something or other

[quote user="Charly"]  "elle avait une peur bleue (de)" "She was scared stiff (of)" something or other[/quote]

Very often used by my 87 year old grandmother.......J'en avait une peur bleue (talking about a headmaster of many moons ago)....this is a tad stronger than "avoir peur"....[:)]

[quote user="You can call me Betty"][quote user="ericd"]

[quote user="You can call me Betty"] "qu'on arrêterait de me surveiller aux 15 minutes, cela m'a donné la frousse." [/quote]

????...what does that mean??

[/quote]

You tell me: I've just C&P'd it from pachapapa's link above.[:P]
[/quote]

Those internet translations......... Cannot make sense of the phrase

Now I'm totally confused...I thought the universal consensus was that pachapapa's link was the definitive answer...[:D]

ETA: As I said, I C&P'd it from what ppp posted earlier. No internet translation engines were employed or harmed in the pasting of this excerpt. Just in case you think I used one. I would rather run naked through Tesco.[:)]