Recommendations for an electronic translator, please

nectarine

Mr. Nectarine doesn't like carrying around a dictionary. In fact he has a Franklin electronic English dictionary ... it's very thin, designed to be used as a bookmark and he just types in the word and, hey presto, gets the definition.

He's now asking about a translator version - English to French to English, etc. I've looked on line and there's plenty, but they usually have 9 languages and games ... i.e. jack of all trades and master of none.

Does anybody out there use one of these electronic dictionaries and would you recommend one. No, he doesn't want to flick through paper dictionaries, he's a technie, but also doesn't want it as a mobile app. He just wants something he can pull out of his pocket, switch on and type in the word.

I'd welcome hearing recommendations as they're not cheap and I don't want to buy the wrong one.

Thanks, all

I have been using a Franklin English-French-English translator for about 8 years. The newer version is the BFQ-570 i believe. Would not be without it. They can be bought on ebay and Amazon-Look at the reviews on the Amazon page. I am trying out an Ectaco translator at the moment,which is also a speaking translator-but they are expensive, unless you wait for special offer times.