Being paid to learn languages!

Chancer

I posted this on another forum but wanted to share my good news on here!

I really wish that I had thought of this wheeze a long time ago, not that it was concieved as a wheeze but I have by luck found myself in the position of being paid to learn not just French but Spanish as well  [:-))]

I have started working part time as a classroom assistant at the lycée where I have helped out for years, its no more really than formalising what I have always done in dribs and drabs, doing it on a regular and repeated basis and of course being paid for it although the money was never an issue.

I now work as a teaching assistant to the English teachers and today was my second day, I have realised that as we go along I am picking up so much more French, also when the students make the same mistakes speaking or writing English its always a clue as to how it should be said in French.

Better still when they have a passage in english and have to translate it (usually orally) into French I have to do the same and write my translation on the blackboard, the students then correct me which goes down well, its very good practice but a little nerve wracking, I miss so many accents and mispell some basic conjugaisons, however my literacy level is maybe higher than a few in the classes (ages 14_20) as they say things like "I write it that way too, I didnt know it was wrong" today for the first time I learnt where to put the ' in jusqu'à (I hope [:)]) something I often write in e-mails but clearly have always got wrong.

And then the cerise sur le gateau, during my free period I have joined the Spanish class [B] I did an intensive course a year before coming to France but it was all but lost and now its coming back, it was always my intention to one day restart and learn Spanish, that day has now come [:D]

It is a bit weird though to learn a third language being taught in French, my second language!