Starsky & Hutch

SaligoBay

Okay, you could argue that it's not French, and it's not culture.

But I saw it in France, in French, and I paid in euros, and ate riz piment avec crevettes at Asie Fast-food afterwards, and it doesn't get much better than that.

And I'm not ashamed to say that I really really really enjoyed it. I still laugh out loud at odd moments and frighten the family. Starsky shooting the pony ha ha ha ha!!!!!

And Huggy, ouf, cool is not the word. He out-cooled Zaphod Beeblebrox AND the Red Dwarf Cat.

Let this be a warning to all of you planning to move to France permanently - this is what a French winter does to you!

I'm sometimes accused of being a cultural snob, something I do have problems denying. But I thought this film was simply brilliant, the cinematagraphical equivalent of Prozac. The version I saw this morning at my local cinema was in English but, as usual, there were French (and Arabic) subtitres. Not that I spent too much time reading the French, was far too interested in gawping at gorgeous Owen Wilson. Great sound track too, good to be reminded after all these years of the terrific brass section on early Chicago recordings. Without your trusted recommendation we may not have gone to see it, so thanks SB. Do hope there's a sequel.

M