Rrrrrrh

Dick Smith

It did have some very funny bits in it - tusked ducklings and the guérissologue spring to mind.   It's just a bit of fun, in spite of the slightly disturbing French-humour moments with the dead bodies with their mouths stitched up.

But it had a strangely low-budget air about it, considering the big names involved, and it was almost embarrassing to see Gerard Depardieu in something so low-key.  Alain Chabat was too "big" for his part too.

Otherwise, a round-up of the usual suspects in acting terms, lots of familiar faces from other recent French films.  I think it came and went here in France without making a huge impression, just another film really.

Worth a watch, just not a great classic  

Yes. I agree with all of that. The jokes just seemed to come at you so sloooowly that you had finished laughing at them before they arrived. I enjoyed Jean Rochefort (always do) but he was gone in the first reel. How did the director get big names to do it?

I also thought that the tusked ducklings, worms etc would have caused an outcry in the UK!