Sapeurs/Pompiers

Patf

These people provide a wonderful service and I think most of them are volunteers, with other jobs. We always give them a good donation at Xmas, but what other charges do they make? I needed their ambulance service once and I know there was a charge for that but it was covered by CPAM. What about things like chimney fires - do they charge for this service? Pat.

I was charged 50 or 60 Euros for getting rid of a huge Frelon (Hornet) nest in our chimney last year. I didn't begrudge it as they were there for a couple of hours and provided all the tools and insecticide and they swept up the several thousand dead hornets that ended up in our living room.

Ray

• 4 weeks later...

We always give them 20 euros for a xmas calendar each year. Well, after all, they almost had to deliver my last baby in our car three years ago...I wont go into the details[+o(]

Anyway, a calendar featuring several hunky firemen is always worth it's weight in gold...eh girls?[:D]

Some 70 odd% of the sapeurs are volounteers and for us we always give 20€ for their calander. The money goes to their benevolent fund and long may people give lots! We always get a reciept too for the money given...

Pity they don't get paid what they are worth. I suppose that goes for footballers and the like too. Mind you they wouldn't like the massive drop??? Whereas the sapeurs would get a reasonable (!) rise!!![:D]