Today's googledoodle......

mint

brought a smile to my face.  Such a cheery little picture and St Ex is such a French icon after all.

Went to an exhibition about him recently and was very interested in the pieces of journalism he wrote (in English) during the war.

Then, I just love the looks of those P80 lightning Lockheed planes he was flying.....so nostalgic, so emotive and also Childhood Revisited on account of le Petit Prince.

Anyone else enjoyed the googledoodle?

Lordy, Sue, why do you computer types have to make life sooooo complicated?

I sent an email to my French friend, asking her to look, then I had to send another one, saying re-bonjour and re-directing her to the English site, now I read your message and so I will have to send another email, trying to explain what you have just said?[:-))]

As though it isn't bad enough that I can't pronounce "St Exupéry" in the required French manner without you coming here and confusing the hell out of me!

I wish now I'd not said anything about the googledoodle.......aaarrrrggghhh!

But, hey, I was just thinking of you cos have you looked at the exchange rate and realised how many more thousands you can raise the househunting budget by?[:D]

Sweet, we have such clever chaps ansd chappesses on here that someone will pop in soon to let us know how we can all record ourselves saying 'St Exupéry' on the forum, so we can all curl up laughing! [:)] Too much to contemplte in this heat! (or even think about!) And I loved this googledoodle!

LOL, GG and Pacha.....

I heard a talk about St Ex and, when I got home, I kept trying to say it the way the speech-maker did.  Don't think I managed it.  Now I might have a go on Pacha's link and I might have to have a drink for a bit of Dutch courage before I attempt it![:D][:D][:D]

Well then, you clever old stick, how does it work?

Did you have to register as a user or what?

How do I get to hear the pronunciation?

I couldn't understand what I had to do.  Mind you, after 2 glasses of le rouge (after 60 days of being on the wagon), I don't think I am capable of much!

Blimey, this red coloured drink tastes really strong now I have stopped imbibing..... and it's only run-of-the-mill (oops, sorry, mixed metaphor) Côte du Rhône![:-))][8-)]