Calais restaurant?

jen

Hi everyone!
I'm off to sunny Calais on 23rd January for the weekend to celebrate my birthday. I know Calais is teeming with restaurants, but could anyone suggest an extra-special restaurant in the area/town for the Saturday night?

Jen

Haven't eaten in Calais for a year or so now but always got a good meal at Le Channel and La Sole Meuniere both in Bd de Resistance which is just by the water 100m from Place d'Armes where there is a great mass of restaurants including Coq d'Or which is good.

La Sole Meuniere has a fantastic choice of desserts in a large cabinet so you can drool while you choose.

Have a good birthday

Pip

LAST EDITED ON 10-Jan-04 AT 10:05 PM (GMT)

Jen,

Take a drive up to Le Touquet (and why not stay there, I think it much nicer for a weekend than Calais)and reserve a table at Serge Perards fish restaurant just off the Rue St Jean, or Flavios near the Westmister hotel if you really want top quality but at matching prices.

In Etaples just before Le Touquet, there is a co-op fish restaurant, which I think is called "Aux Pecheurs d'Etaple" (there is one in Lille as well)now, it has been 5 years since we last ate there and the name may not be right but it should guide you to the right place !

Bon weekend

Miki

• 3 weeks later...