Icing sugar

Iceni

I have a fantastic recipe for a walnut and coffee cake (without any flour) but it takes 8 ozs of icing sugar in the cake and icing. I prefer 'natural cane' icing sugar (slightly creamy coloured with a toffee taste) but I am not sure what icing sugar (of any variety) is called in France, can someone help pls.

Well pink is out of the question, nice coffee icing made with a pink sugar would give a colour that would render it almost uneatable.  Rich wonderful cake so I suppose I will have to shell out and buy lots of little packages of the white stuff.

Thanks for all your help

Hi Alexis, I was thinking of making my own as a last resort. I normally make my own castor sugar as I like the raw cane sugar in cakes but need it finer.

Thanks for putting me straight regarding the box colour and not the sugar colour but looking at what you can buy, pink sugar would not have surprised me. My latest buy is coffee essense which I use for mock Bailey's cheesecake (I don't use Baileys but good whisky ).

As soon as this diet gets less strict........I shall be begging you for both these recipes.  Trouble is, even though Gilles loves desserts, he seems to think that they last indefinately.  One slice today, the next in a day or so.  Of course, by then it is all eaten up.

Must be the mice!!