102 things to do with plums, please

alencon

We have a property near Argentan and have had a huge supply of plums, damsons and greengages.  We have recipes for greengage tart, preserved plums (similar to a chutney which apparently is similar to the sauce used for chinese duck!!), plum fool ( Like a mousse) and of course jam, (lots and lots of jam, we ran out of jars).  If you want any of the recipes let us know.

SOB, no plums again this year or gages, 300+ peaches from one tree though. Pears have fallen from the tree - so they are no good and apples are tiny and useless.

Now if you want boxes of figs, this is the place to come, they ended up on the compost heap today as I simply did not have time to process them and I find them slimy when frozen. I wanted to bottle them but it was them or the peaches - no contest. Loads more figs so some will get bottled.

Even the blackberries are small sour and horrible - but the raspberries are still going strong - shame we cannot send all this fruit virtually, we could have a fruit swap shop

We have been overloaded with plums from our tree here in the UK, apart from making loads of plum jam , which we have given as gifts to our french neighbours, we preserve some in alcohol, and use the rest to produce chutney.  All delicious.

Rick Stein was on TV the other day making plum ripple ice cream which was apparrently delicious,  well his kids thought so.

Bob