Ca m'interesse

SaligoBay

This magazine is in your local newsagent right now.  Loads of interesting stuff about French food, what to eat, how to eat it, diagrams of cow and pig and what all the cuts are, etc.

It's not a recipe book, it's about food, but it'll give you a fair idea of what issues are in the heads of the food-obsessed French.

Even the paradox of a nation who claims to eat nothing but good, natural food, yet proudly bring their children up on a diet of pasta and ketchup, steak hachés, Nutella, and Vache Qui Rit.

If food is your thing, have a look!  I felt quite sickened by the end of it, I'd like to know what others think.

I shall keep an eye out for that, if only so I can finally figure out what bit of an animal I'm actually eating!

In the UK the cuts of meat had different names depending on region or even the age of the buyer!

Do the names of joints etc vary as much in France?

SB, this is a popular weekly women's mag, isn't it?  I'm sure I've come across it in doctors' waiting rooms/hairdressers, etc.  Wouldn't want to buy it but it was an entertaining enough read.  Concentrates on items of topical interest and doesn't it also have a number of question and answer pages including one on legal issues, another on employment, etc?  I've often thought that if only new arrival Brits spoke enough French, they'd find these articles of immense value.  M