English Restaurant

alece

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of Paul Burrell in the Aussi jungle - makes me heave just thinking about it.

Re the resto - I would not go with an English type name and not promote it as English. If you are serving food like you have suggested, it'll be a sucess based on the quality of the food, ambiance, service etc. Why the need to be 'English'?

[quote]SB - is this the sort of thing you had in mind?Rocky Mountain Oysters (Montana Tendergroin) 2 pounds bull testicles (lamb/sheep, calf or turkey testicles can also be used) 1 cup flour 1/...[/quote]

"Isn't the internet wonderful? I didn't even know that turkeys have testicles..."

Yep - not that obvious though as they are inside the bird about where the kindeys would be on a human. So if you're ever attacked by an enraged turkey (it COULD happen, and I feel it is best to be prepared) you know where to dig your thumbs to take his mind off things! Actually, I have no idea if that would work. Anyone?

Le Gronards or more properly Les gronards are nothing to do with anythings or anybodies testicles, it was the nickname for Napoleons 'Old Guard'. Never tried testicles myself but I suppose if I was presented with them I would close my eyes lie back and think of England and try them. Er that is I think I think I would.

Arthur

I still use Billy the Fish as an avatar on other forums as his full name was exactly the same as mine. I like to buy Viz at Portsmouth to keep me amused on the ferry, not a shadow of its former self but thankfully Johnny Fartpants (can I say that Forum Admin?), Felix and his amazing underpants, Roger Mellie the man on the telly, Sid the Sexist, Biffa Bacon and, best of all, the Fat Slags still appear from time to time. 

I believe the rumours may have been exaggerated and the Mortainais area mobile chippie is still operating.