Ideas for summer lunch main course.

Patf

Can't face hot meals at the moment , so what can we have? The old standby is Salade Nicoise which I make with tuna, cooked potatoes, runner beans, hard boiled eggs,  lettuce tomatoes etc, with plenty of oil/vinegar/mustard/ honey dressing. Today I bought some smoked haddock, unusual for the summer, and will make a kedgeree tomorrow, to have with a green salad. Any more ideas? Pat.

Smoked salmon parcels always go down well at our house especially with a glass of white.

Mix some prawns, the frozen ones marked décortiquées,  into sauce half mayonnaise and creme fraiche add dill if you like it.

Make parcels with smoked salmon and serve with a couple of crisp lettuce leaves and slices of lemon. We also have sliced brown bread with lots of butter.

Its a delia but very nice.

salmon steaks marinated in grated fresh ginger, lime zest , fresh chopped corinder, crushed garlic and olive oil. Then grilled or baked.

Served with ,

cold cooked rinsed kidney beans in a bowl, to which has been added lime juice, chopped fresh tomatoes, chopped red onion, plenty of fresh chopped coriander, crushed de -seeded dry red chilli; good drizzle of olive oil.

you need to leave these to marinade a while too.

This is quite filling but you can do some rice too if really hungry. Superb !

Tomato Slices

If you can get those packs of Feuilletee pastry that come in squares (4), that's ideal, but you can cut any old shape you like really.

Par-cook them on grease-proof at about 180 for 6 mins, and flatten down the middle bit with a spatula. Smear liberally with black tapenade, then 'spot' halves of cherry toms to more or less fill the void.  Dollop small chunks of camembert (or any other soft cheese that you've got lying around) over the top and whack back in the oven for another 6 or 7 mins.  Put under a fierce grill just to really melt off the cheese for 30 secs.

Serve with a nice salad (and in my case) some Sweet Pickle.

Hot I know, but you can serve it 'tepid'.