walkers smokey bacon crisps.....

Nico

You can usually get sausage rolls in boulangeries, along with squares of pizza, little quiches, things like that.

But they're really not nice.  They have cheap, plastic hot-dog type sausages inside, and the pastry is usually very greasy.   Did Cassis already say that? 

Yes he had but he won't mind. The medication would have kicked in by now and he won't have a clue about any of this in the morning.  Sausages and goldfish have the same thing in common, short memories.......................did I just post this ?

[quote user="SaligoBay"]

I always think of Cassis as a girl sausage.

I will try to remember she's a boy sausage.

[/quote]

I was always taught that a Lady Sausage was a Casseisse ? Taken from Cassoulet, where only female sausages are used in a true Cassoulet [:)]

But a fonctionaire mush told me that............................votre choix eh ?

Is it the "time of the evening", or is it me, but do many threads on here become rather surreal?[:D]

If you like Walkers bacon flavour crisps, try to get hold of some of their "Sensations," now in the UK. I don't know what they put in them but I ate a whole large bag of their Morrocan herbs and spices ones last night............[blink]

Oh yes, they're VERY nice.   I came over all sort of........ maghrebine when I ate them.   I found myself speaking fluent Arabic to everyone, but it didn't last, so now I have to go to Lunel and start all over again.  Every week.   It really seems like that.

Is there a market for sausage-roll flavoured crisps, I wonder?   Maybe Cassis has already wondered the same.

[quote user="Miki"][quote user="SaligoBay"]

[/quote]

I was always taught that a Lady Sausage was a Casseisse ? Taken from Cassoulet, where only female sausages are used in a true Cassoulet [:)]
But a fonctionaire mush told me that............................votre choix eh ?

[/quote]

I don't think that the awd Saus knows or cares wot gender one classes him/it/she/thingy as just so long as they don't stop the wime flowing? That write Saus?

Miki, you are nearly right, but onlt for the Too-loose Cassoulet. The Castlenaudrie Cassoulet uses either male, femail or not sure sausages made from genuine lamb flavoured pork and after all that is where the Cassoulet was invented...[geek]

[quote user="Miki"][quote user="SaligoBay"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't think that the awd Saus knows or cares wot gender one classes him/it/she/thingy as just so long as they don't stop the wime flowing? That write Saus?

Miki, you are nearly right, but onlt for the Too-loose Cassoulet. The Castlenaudrie Cassoulet uses either male, femail or not sure sausages made from genuine lamb flavoured pork and after all that is where the Cassoulet was invented...[geek]

I want to know where I can get a proper artisanal boudin blanc. The local supermarkets have insipid little white sausages, but not the proper ones, all haggis-looking and wrapped in caul. I've never had one and I want to try it - now!  Has anyone seen any in Normandy?

(And don't talk to me about andouillettes)

[quote user="Nico"]yeah why do they not have nice sausages here? we want sausages!![/quote]

What kind of sausage would you like Nico. The lovely [+o(] Walls bread and cr a p type or do you prefer the Too-loose all meat variety. I always used to look forward to our sausages here when we came on holiday over a 20 year period. Now we live it so love them all the time. As for chrisps, why not just eat a bag of rancid fat coated with salt, possibly with some potatoe scrapings in it for good measure. Or even prawn cocktail and have a good measure of E numbers chucked in for good luck? [+o(][+o(][+o(]

Now a bag of fritons, now yer talking. Duck scratchings, cooked in duck fat, yum, yum...[8-|]

P.S. Not sure about your boudin blanche Dick, but the local butcher does a wonderful boudin noir... I haven't tried the white, but I will and soon...

[quote user="Dick Smith"]I want to know where I can get a proper artisanal boudin blanc. The local supermarkets have insipid little white sausages, but not the proper ones, all haggis-looking and wrapped in caul. I've never had one and I want to try it - now!  Has anyone seen any in Normandy?

(And don't talk to me about andouillettes)

[/quote]

The butcher in Bourg le Roi does them but it's a bit far for you, i guess, no matter how good they are.  Our Leclerc does the real thing (fabrication artisanale, wrapped in caul) in among the charcuterie rather than with the sossies.