Christmas food

jen

Not long now before and we're off to Dordogne for Christmas.......just a few questions about Christmas dinner - is Turkey, cranberry, christmas pudding and stuffing, available? Also when our shops open over Christmas period?

I think you may find turkey but it won't be cheap. We have ordered one from a good butcher and it will be about 40 euros. Also available in the supermarkets - probably a bit cheaper.

As for stuffing, cranberry (sauce, I imagine you mean) and Christmas pudding, bring them with you. They will be difficult (if not impossible) to find here.

Sorry, can't tell you about the shops

Danny

[quote user="jen"] Also when our shops open over Christmas period?[/quote]

Depends where you live really - we live on the edge of a small town and our supermarkets are going to close at 17h on both 24th and 31st Dec instead of their normal 19h30. But as Boxing Day is unknown as a holiday here all should be back to (more or less) normal on 26th Dec.

Sue

Leclerc had turkeys 14 euros (not sure on size but I'd say the size of decent chicken!).  The rest you will get in Intermarche English section (but reckon shelves will be emptied early), so as previous poster states bring it with you if you really want it.