Why I always eat my meat & fish well cooked!

splishsplash

And of course it wouldn't do to make the assumption that "nasty" bacteria are somehow only to be found in meat.

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2008/09/warning-over-food-bugs-in-packed-salad-155629.jsp

We ingest large numbers of bacteria of various kinds all our lives and our bodies are quite capable of dealing with them. It's often said that the current obsession with destroying all such organisms has much to do with our developing lack of resistance to them.

[quote user="chrisb"]And of course it wouldn't do to make the assumption that "nasty" bacteria are somehow only to be found in meat. http://www.which.co.uk/news/2008/09/warning-over-food-bugs-in-packed-salad-155629.jsp We ingest large numbers of bacteria of various kinds all our lives and our bodies are quite capable of dealing with them. It's often said that the current obsession with destroying all such organisms has much to do with our developing lack of resistance to them.[/quote]

I agre that it is a good idea to build up immunity.

I do not know many veggies that buy bagged salad leaves.

The salad leaves were contaminated by faeces.

I could get health problems from the newpaper if that happened.

[quote user="BIG MAC"]

I am a vegetarian.........once removed

Most of the animals I eat ate veggies therefore I am doing my bit to keep the grass down.....

Pious? Nah I prefer my pies wholly rather than holy!

[/quote]

As long as man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings

he will never know health or peace.

For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other.

Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love. 

Attributed to Ovid

Pies do not  have to be full of  dead cows.

Leek and Mushroom Pie

2 Leeks
675g Mushrooms
115g Margarine
115g Fresh breadcrumbs
500g Puff pastry
4 tbsps Finely chopped parsley

1. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Fry leeks in 30g of the margarine until soft not brown. Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes; allow to cool. In another pan heat 55g of margarine and fry the crumbs until crisp.

2. Roll 2/3 of puff pastry to fit a medium to large pie dish. It should go up the sides as well. Drain the leek and mushroom mixture and then put it into the dish, then sprinkle ¾ of the crumbs and the parsley.

3. Roll the remaining pastry to fit the top. Moisten with water around the edges so it sticks to the bottom pastry. Put some holes with a fork. Melt remaining margarine in a small pan, then brush over the top, and sprinkle with the remaining crumbs. Bake 40 minutes or until golden and crisp.

[quote user="chrisb"][quote user="Dog"]

[/quote]

So not only morally superior to us meat-eaters, but immune to the blandishments of convenience food as well!

[/quote]

If I cannot find some salad in the garden or growing wild I am not going to be seduced to buying it in a plastic bag that cultivates bacteria.

I guess it must be difficult to find any good reason to eat the bodies of dead animals to find me morally superior.

[quote user="Dog"][quote user="chrisb"][quote user="Dog"]

[/quote]

So not only morally superior to us meat-eaters, but immune to the blandishments of convenience food as well!

[/quote]

If I cannot find some salad in the garden or growing wild I am not going to be seduced to buying it in a plastic bag that cultivates bacteria.

I guess it must be difficult to find any good reason to eat the bodies of dead animals to find me morally superior.

[/quote]

Dogs eat meat, lions eat meat, we are nothing but  animals ,  intelligent animals ( well, sometimes you wonder ....) , and man is "omnivore " ..

I understand that for some reasons you ve made the choice not to eat meat, but you are not superior to anybody here, and have no more merit.

[quote user="Frenchie"][quote user="Dog"][quote user="chrisb"][quote user="Dog"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dogs eat meat, lions eat meat, we are nothing but  animals ,  intelligent animals ( well, sometimes you wonder ....) , and man is "omnivore " ..

I understand that for some reasons you ve made the choice not to eat meat, but you are not superior to anybody here, and have no more merit.

[/quote]

Dogs are scavengers and will happily survive on vegetables and fruit. Cats do need a particular vitamin from meat to live. Lions also scavenge.

Man does not need to eat meat - we are intelligent and can make a choice. Lions don't really get a choice.

I have never said I was superior on the contrary I am an inferior son of a gun.

Please do not listen to everything they say behind my back - it is all true.