Very quick translation needed please

So your AVF does the same thing then Jon, decides that the year has ended just as soon as their is a sniff of les vacances.

For me it is the time of year when I would most appreciate the activities that they offer and when the weather is favorable for the outdoor ones.

The fact that everything ceases each and every half term also perplexes me. Between now and September nothing at all is even allowed on the calender, I can see exactly how so many old people were ignored and allowed to die during the canicule.

I have only ever spoken French with my friends from AVF although quite a high proportion of them can speak English.

Our French classes stopped at the beginning of June cause the prof went on his holls then and by the time he gets back everyone else has gone!

You should know by now that due to lack of interest France is shut during July and août...

Yes John, I know that very well!

Its just from my one sided and selfish perspective not allowing any activities during all school holidays goes against the raison d'être of AVF and its articles of association.

I found AVF 3 years ago, the ansafone message said that there were permanances twice a week and gave the times, well I went there (a 5 mile round trip) numerous times from about this time of year through to September and of course (for reasons that I know understand) it was closed up.  I left messages, I E-mailed and I even wrote only to see my own letter bulging out of the letterbox with all the other mail.

Finally in September I was contacted by the then chairwoman, the answerphone still carries the same message during half term and les vacances.

The fête de voisins was instituted as a result of all the neglect and solitary deaths during the canicule, I dont see that anything has changed, in fact they should have made the date during les vacances.

Wait a minute, [I] that wouldnt work would it [:'(]

They cant all be on holiday for 3 months though can they?

In my region everything shuts down, hotels, restaurants, shops, boulangeries etc for virtually the whole period, this despite the fact that we are a tourist area with over 250,000 visitors and that the majority of the business owners that shut do not (cant afford) go away on holiday.