Chinese supermarket, Rennes

Charlotte3

Can anyone please help me with an address for the Chinese superm arket in Rennes?

The only place I have visited in Rennes is the University area which is really easy to find.....is it anywhere near there?

We visit Paris every few months with the children and there are lots of little shops in the Chinese quarter, but Rennes would be much closer.

I look forward to your replies,

Charlotte

It is a secret!  Which way will you be going into Rennes?  If you know where Geant is or St Gregoire, all is simple.  You go into Rennes from St Gregoire and at the first set of traffic lights you go right - you will see Lidl - go down past Lidl and the Bonasie is a big metal shed just along a bit.  It is open at lunchtime.

Be prepared to spend hours looking at labels!

Thanks Alexis. We'd had the directions by private message to the old forum, but of course these were lost when the forum was updated. We would possibly have been able to find it again - I remembered it was alongside Lidl - but having the names to aim for makes it so much easier.

I can thoroughly recommend it. It's not just Chinese stuff - there's a good amount of Indian products (such as Patak's sauces) too.

Thanks Alexis,

We'll be coming in from Fougeres, normally we go along the ring road to the right ( if you see what I mean) and take what seems like the last turning off which takes us in to the university area and the hospital. Unfortunately we either haven't had the time, or I haven't felt well enough to explore Rennes, but my daughter tells me her friends buy 'ALL' their clothes there! I can see shat's coming, can't you?

Have you know Rennes well?  Mr.C thinks a day there (shopping I suspect) might be fun.

Charlotte

Thanks Alexis,

We'll be coming in from Fougeres, normally we go along the ring road to the right ( if you see what I mean) and take what seems like the last turning off which takes us in to the university area and the hospital. Unfortunately we either haven't had the time, or I haven't felt well enough to explore Rennes, but my daughter tells me her friends buy 'ALL' their clothes there! I can see what's coming, can't you?

Have you know Rennes well?  Mr.C thinks a day there (shopping I suspect) might be fun.

Charlotte

No.  I don't know Rennes well.  It is a Big City and I don't like driving in Big Cities

Saying that, apparently the metro is wonderfull so I might park up and go in.  The old part of Rennes where they have the flower market is nice.  The centre seems to be on American line - lots of streets leading off a main drag.

Looking at the map, you take the ring road to the right, aiming for St Gregoire.  You go through here, past the Clinic St Vincent, over the flyover, two roundabouts (if you go right at the first you arrive at Geant and lots of motorways) then you will see the sign for Rennes followed by some traffic lights.  Turn right here, you will see Lidl, go left and the Bonasie is just along a bit.

It is easy when you know.....

Looking at the map, you take the ring road to the right, aiming for St Gregoire.  You go through here, past the Clinic St Vincent, over the flyover, two roundabouts (if you go right at the first you arrive at Geant and lots of motorways) then you will see the sign for Rennes followed by some traffic lights.  Turn right here, you will see Lidl, go left and the Bonasie is just along a bit.

Thats all chinese to me.....................................

BONASIE................... is that the chinese equiv. of one of those Bonsai trees

• 6 years later...