Cherries, cherries and more cherries ...

nectarine

thanks for all ideas and recipes. Still cherries on the tree and this is a bit unusual. Some friends were here yesterday and their tree only has unripe cherries on it and they're only 10 miles away ... must be a micro-climate or perhaps the hard pruning we did last year. but strawberries are ripe as well. It is earlier than last year, weather has been odd, very hot earlier in the year and a lot of rain ...

Am going to brave the clafoutis recipe, will let you know how I get on!

Stopped sobbing a bit seeing that some cherries have not ripened yet.

We normally come down for a week at the end of May as the cherries are ripe on our tree and I spend a week gorging myself on them (we are in 31). When I first saw this I thought that the season had moved forward several weeks and I would miss out this year - with a couple of posts about cheries in parts not ripe yet I have my fingers crossed.

Paul

Angela, you're absolutely right about that. My mother had dreadful gout and I read that black cherries are supposed to help. I was in the UK, in winter, and the only black cherries I could find were at Fortnum & Mason in London close to where I was working at the time. Cost me a fortune but I bought a lot. Mother ate them ... two days later her gout had all but disappeared and she continued to eat black cherries whenever the symptoms appeared, they always went away.

The doctor had prescribed her some Allopurinol (I think that's the name) for the gout .. guest what, their active component comes from black cherries. So there is truth in the story!

Our lovely neighbour has just brought round a LARGE tray of cherries for us!!!! They have been having some work done to their house wall which is in our garden and he wanted to thank us for being so good about it :O

More Cherry Brandy coming up methinks!!