Pizza

idun

There are good ones and bad ones. The resto my son worked in made some of the best I have ever had, truly delicious.

What I was wondering is why are pizzas always cited as bad food when diet is mentioned. I know what goes into the ones I make and it's all 'good stuff'. The dough replaces pasta and the filling is often not dissimilar to a pasta meal I might make.

So what is bad about pizza, aren't they just a hot sandwich? I am confused![8-)]

They are often heavily charged with cheese or other fatty materials - I know there are exceptions, but if you buy a frozen one which most punters do, it is hard to find one without substantial quantities of cheese and or other fats.

Which make do you buy then Andyh4? I always find bought ones, from the supermarkets, fresh or frozen have next to no filling on them and we add loads to them, including cheese.

It is a rare occassion when I buy them but my son likes them and if we are going to be out and I have none of mine frozen, I will buy him some.

With the awareness of the importance of eating food that is better for you, pizzas have changed and there are now ways of having pizza that are not so bad for you; i.e. thin crust, wheat crust, ingredients such as you'd find in a caprise salad, etc. So I think the idea that pizza is bad for you is outdated.

I always make thin crusts, and my toppings vary, I use a tomato sauce that I make and then add what we fancy.

The caprise salads is not one of my favourites unless there is some of that very sweet tasty tiny leaved basil with it. If not, I'll eat it if at friends, and be wishing for something else on my plate.

ps I realise that you meant that the mozarella and tomatoe and basil would be cooked on the freezer.

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]I agree but maybe the ones from franchise chains like the ones from a small shed are loaded with fat/salt/preservatives?

Of course some places charge a small fortune for what starts life as cheese and tomato on toast [6]

[/quote]

Gosh I have had pizzas with anchovies ect but never with "preservatives". Are they tasty?

[quote user="JMB"][quote user="Pierre ZFP"]I agree but maybe the ones from franchise chains like the ones from a small shed are loaded with fat/salt/preservatives?

Of course some places charge a small fortune for what starts life as cheese and tomato on toast [6]

[/quote]

Gosh I have had pizzas with anchovies ect but never with "preservatives". Are they tasty?[/quote]

Only the 'ribbed' ones Idun [Www][:D][:D]

• 1 month later...