More 'bad' fats in the the French Diet than in the US!

NormanH

No, no Idun! It's not the weight that matters, it's WHERE on the body one puts it on. If it's on the bum and thighs it's OK. If it's around the waist, that's the real killer. Apparently it's OK to be chunky, as long as it's all over, and one doesn't have a pot belly.

http://sante.lefigaro.fr/actualite/2012/08/29/18901-bedaine-plus-dangereuse-pour-coeur-que-lobesite

But Norman's article is interesting; I'd often wondered about the health wisdom involved in insisting on eating there must be a cheese course at virtually every meal - how often you hear a French person say "Je ne peux pas faire un repas sans fromage" - How many people eat  pain au chocolat and/or brioche at every breakfast? And how much charcuterie is consumed (grilled sausages or saucisson sec just for apéro nibbles?) and so on. But there again, eating well and healthily is my dada, so no surprising I should wonder about such things. Good to see that I am not the only food police in town, though.[:D]

Well, being a nosey lugger I always look in people's trolleys and am amazed by the amount of processed food that people buy, the biggest item being, pizza. Now, as a diabetic, I read labels too, so have a shrewd idea of the rubbish that people are chucking into their bodies. So, am not surprised that there is a problem in France.

And then there are the queues at the local Macdo...

ROFL, well I don't put it on my middle, but my does it go elsewhere. Bottom, lower belly and thunder thighs, pear shaped me!!!!!

A good friend is apple shaped and I know it is supposed to be worse for one's health, but I'm not telling her.

What really is wrong with pizza? I make our pizzas and I would say that they were not only delicious, but a good meal with a salad. Pizza dough with some olive oil in it. Good tomato sauce which is home made, with fresh garlic, sometimes fresh tomatoes, but more often tinned, and lovely herbs. Then topped with mozzarella and ham and mushrooms, or whatever we fancy. What is wrong? the base is thin and if my Cannon oven worked properly (have I mentioned that I hate the useles thing!), then it would be crisp too. We don't have to eat a whole one, in fact mine are filling anyway. And what difference between that and a good sandwich.

I really would like to know.

This has sort of inspired me to naughtiness.......... I have just made my self a slice of bread and pork dripping with the jelly and prinkled with salt. I'd roasted belly pork yesterday and it would really be a shame to waste the dripping[Www] So, good healthy food..........I can  and do cook very healthily, but I can be very unhealthy if the mood takes me.[:-))] My pizzas are healthy though[:D]

Tea Pot, so I wasn't being naughty then? I meant to be naughty, the shine has gone off my dejeuner now[:(]

Incidentally, as you now have  michelin tyre man......... has the michelin tyre man lost weight, I seem to remember a far 'chunkier' one not that long ago.