Crumpets and .............

idun

My son told me to try, crumpets and foie gras as he thinks it is delicious.

This lunch time I did.

Frankly I hadn't fancied it, although I really enjoy crumpets and foie gras, but together, I had my doubts.

Well, I shall have it again, I really enjoyed it. Whether I would risk giving it to guests, I'm not sure, but it shall be on the menu chez Idun, on the rare occasion that we have foie gras.

I'm informed by many on another forum that Warburton's crumpets are the absolute best; lots of them at Tesvo for £1 apparently. I like them occasionally smothered in butter, but don't eat many per year. Never heard of foie gras on crumpets, but an interesting thought. Did you also have them with a suitable wine, or with a cup of tea?

Well I have always bought Warburtons, but my friend said that M&S were the best, and as someone who can no longer stand M&S, have to agree with her, they are. And it was with an M&S crumpet I had my foie gras.

• 2 weeks later...
I would agree that the mixture does sound a bit strange, but if I ever have both items in the house at the same time, I will try it.

My personal favourite way to eat crumpets is to  toast a good Cantal entre deux mers on top until it is brown and bubbling MMMMM

Bit cheaper than foie gras as well :).