Miam Miam

idun

Tis that time of year, and today we had a wonderful endive salad.

Finely chopped then fried lardons, cheese, we had Roquefort and comte in, so had what we fancied, along with walnuts. And a lovely vinaigrette. Add a fresh homemade baguette to that and it was delicious.

And that was just the starter!

We both love Endives!

Anyone tried this?

On the BBQ (or in the oven), top and tail them; pull off the outer leaves; add a skinned clove of garlic. Butter or Olive Oil.

Wrap in a double layer of ally foil: stick on BBQ or roast in oven; and serve as as a veggie with anything else.

Wonderful!

[:D]

I often braise them, butter in the pan, hint of garlic and cook them in the butter and when nearly cooked a good squirt of lemon juice and cook for a couple more minutes.

if you like bbq'd veg, and have a very fine grill that can go over your bbq, here is something I love to do, if I have a few people round.

Firstly I cook some potatoes until just cooked.

Then when cool, cut into bite size pieces and put in a big salad bowl and add chopped into bite size pieces:- onions, courgettes, mushrooms, peppers and the potatoes.

mix it all together.

Drizzle some oil over it all, and a shake of ground cayenne, however much you like and salt and pepper and then mix together and then on the bbq, turning it regularly.

Endives are very popular here (Gers).

I only started using them recently. I often make a casserole, chicken or beef, and add the endives cut in quarters towards the end of cooking. I think they have a quality similar to a small cabbage.