Let them drink wine

Pierre ZFP

As someone who hardly drinks, and is usually the driver, I get really really miffed with the price of soft drinks, all too often dearer than the alcoholic ones. So IF there are free refills, then I appreciate it. I don't have to have a refill, but IF I want one, then that is welcome.

a swift analytical look at the figures once again reveals the article to be non credible.

Overall 15% of adults (over 18 years) in France are overweight, of the over 30's 57% of men and 41% of women are overweight so say 49% average for both sexes, yet the 18-30 year olds skew the average down to 15% [8-)]

Even if there were no overweight 18-30 year olds they would need to be 4 times more numerous than the over 30 population which they aint, if they were France would not have a demographic crisis.

Yes, I do see fatties, men and women, all around me but I do also see some stick-like men and women.  These "averages" need to be looked at with reservation.

I am by no means fat but, to be comfortable, I need to take size 40 - 42 in French clothes which do seem to be cut on the small side.

As for sports clothes, of whatever country of origin, I need XL because, for some stupid reason, it is assumed that if you are into sport, you must be some sort of Victoria Beckham in size[+o(]

Yes there are a lot more fat people in France than there were, I notice that. But the very thin I knew, usually smoked, rather than ate.... not rocket science. One friend used to have a go at me about putting weight on, she was tres sportif, and smoked and got cancer and died before she was 50. Some of our mutual friends had a good look at their life styles when she took ill, especially the smoking.

I don't want to lose any more weight and I am still considered over

weight, but there you go, I would look truly awful if I lost more. I certainly put my weight on in France, but not with sugary drinks....... just 'my' home cooking.....[Www]