A video camera on the bike

Bob T

Did you read the recent news item about the guy who videoed his high speed hoon, then posted it up on You Tube?   The video ended up showing him pulling up to his front door - from which the police were able to identify his address and subsequently arrest him.....

[;-)]

[quote user="Bob T"]You will notice that the speedo is not shown in the video, for obvoius reasons.
[/quote]

Speedo not needed.  Two reference points, used with a time/distance calcuation and your bang to rights.  pretty much how a standard speed camera works, and they don't need to see your speedo either......good luckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

[quote user="Chief"]

Speedo not needed.  Two reference points, used with a time/distance calcuation and your bang to rights.  pretty much how a standard speed camera works, and they don't need to see your speedo either......good luckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

[/quote]

Yes Chief, I am sure that the local police will spot the video and spend a day roaming around to find two trees to measure, then another day working out the times on the internet, then spend another day trying to find out which bike was being used and if it was me or Jude riding. They would then look on my PC to see if I had speeded or slowed the video before I had uploaded iit. After all this they may find that I had not broken any speed limits, but what the heck, 6 orn 7 man days to try and get a shaky prosecution, when they could go out with a speedgun and catch 10 cars per hour. A standard speed camera is a stationary object timing a moving object, not the other way round.

I don't think so.

Hello, can you tell me where you got the attachment/tripod to secure the camera on your bike?  We live in the Pyrenees and do lots of bends which the other half particularly would like to record for posterity.

Thanks in advance

RP

RP, If you look at the blog you can see how it is attached. I did not buy any fittment, but made one and attached it to the GPS mount. I believe that you can buy mountings, but most of them would mean that I would have to leave the tankbag or GPS behind.

[quote user="Bob T"][quote user="Chief"]

[/quote]

Yes Chief, I am sure that the local police will spot the video and spend a day roaming around to find two trees to measure, then another day working out the times on the internet, then spend another day trying to find out which bike was being used and if it was me or Jude riding. They would then look on my PC to see if I had speeded or slowed the video before I had uploaded iit. After all this they may find that I had not broken any speed limits, but what the heck, 6 orn 7 man days to try and get a shaky prosecution, when they could go out with a speedgun and catch 10 cars per hour. A standard speed camera is a stationary object timing a moving object, not the other way round.
I don't think so.
[/quote]

Well they might now you have been gracious enough to explain to them how to do it.......so clever......not

[quote user="Chief"][quote user="Bob T"][quote user="Chief"]

[/quote]

I don't think so.

[/quote]

Well they might now you have been gracious enough to explain to them how to do it.......so clever......not

[/quote]

OMG get a sense of perspective or failing that a sense of humour [:P]

Nice bit of work Bob T for a first attempt - how about a quick trip around Lac Jemaye, South of Vanxains?

Edit: some interesting photos on your website btw and the geese were cranes (grues) flying North for the Summer, it's always good to hear them going North but SO sad to hear them going South in Autumn - roll on Spring [:D]

[/quote]

I don't think so.
[/quote]

The following link from your blog shows the registration from one of your bikes  (Yours or Judes) don't suppose you would take much finding now [:)]  http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q259/bikesindordogne/?action=view&current=pyrenees080.jpg  took all of 10 minutes or was that supposed to be 6-7 man days.....lol

[/quote]

I don't think so.
[/quote]

don't need to say anything http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3718/3804/1600/1100s%20003.jpg

Ignore him SD, he has nothing better to do and doesn't even live here.

I do have a picture of Jude on her Blackbird, but it is on her PC and she won't let me have it!

I am looking forward to the sun as I intend to video the road to Sarlat from Les Eyzies and the road past the Grand Roc. As per normal, I will stick to the speed limits when I do this and keep my clean license.

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Oi, Chief!!

Not sure why you had to make six fairly pointless posts about identifying Bob's bike, but you're interrupting my enjoyment of Jude's bum........[:@]

[/quote]

SD, not being a killjoy, but the point is that when it is so easy to identify someone from video or other sources (their own blog for christ sake), is it really wise to be pointing the public to videos of yourself on the internet hooning around on your bike.  Particularly after making sarky comments to the effect that your unidentifiable.  Bob T may claim to be riding within the limit and full credit to him if he is, but there are many other offences that could probably be identified in his clips.  I have a bike myself and love hooning around.  Not averse to speeding at all, just doesn't seem clever to me to posting vids about it.  Good luck to the guy as far as im concerned, whatever floats his boat.