Me and my honda

samanta

As you have had no replies to this post yet, can I just say welcome Samantha.

I had a CB1000 on the runway at Wytom once and spent time chasing microlights up and down, it was fun till the owner of the bike was about to take off and realised that I had nicked his bike! He was not too angry after he had landed and found that his bike was parked up in one piece and his keys were still in it.

I always wanted one of those!! I first saw one in Japan (and the later CB1300), and liked it so much, when I got home contacted Honda to ask when it was going to be available in the UK. "It's not"  they said, and both times I went off and brought something else, only to see my dream bike on the road months later. Bob, now I know I have a bike thief living near me!!!!

Hi!

I'm very near Sauze, only problem is you guys are off a few hours after I get in from saturday nights out!!!!!!

also, now the summer market season has arrived I'm fairly booked up at weekends, all work no play here for me I'm afraid - but I will turn up one day.

The first time I ever sat on a CB1000, I was on 125cc 'L' plates. I thought I'd never be able to ride anything so huge!!!

I sold my little CM125 and bought a GS1100 shaft drive which I ratted! Fell off it plenty of times[:$] got my big bike confidence and have never looked back since.

Oddly enough, I've also done quite a bit of microlighting in the vale of York (Rufforth) fantastic experience.

Hi Samanta

Welcome!

I'm Jude, Bob T's other half. We both have R1100S'  I used to have a Blackbird before making the move to France. I did a six day course about seven years ago to get my bike licence, the first 3 days on a CG 125. Like you I really wondered how I'd cope with a big bike. We graduated to an ER500 on the fourth afternoon and I took my test a day and a half later - a day I will never forget! I don't think I ever wanted anything quite so much.  Never looked back since. In your photo you look tall, like me, so no probs with size of bike like some have. Maybe we'll get to meet on one of the ride-outs one day when you're not so busy.

Happy riding

Jude[:D]

Hi Jude!

Look forwards to meeting you all!!!

I'm 5'9" so most bikes are OK for me, but I only weigh 58kgms and occassionally find the older muscle bikes handle better for me with a pillion. Or (what usually happens) all the camping luggage piled on the back. While my partner rides his single seat flat-tracker luggage & bag free.

The only bike I ever struggled with for size was the original Triumph speed triple, it was such a stretch!

One of the funniest memories of my little CM125 was in London, through rush hour traffic with a 6 foot male pillion - we must have looked rediculous!!!!!

Hi Samanta

Welcome and nice to see your bike - I ride a CB 1300S - brilliant machine - I have it in Essex and as I spend most of my week in Scotland I'm thinking of riding it up there - although the plan is for me to bring it over to Limousin for the summer - it's just that I am in so many places and I love it so much I don't want it to be where I'm not!!!  Big Smile [:D]

Hi josa!

I love the build quality of the hondas, however for complete pose value this is my other bike (currently in UK)

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n115/sammy_085/duke.jpg[/IMG]

Trust the bikers to be so friendly!! I was becoming a bit dis-heartened with some of the 'expat' forums (for want of a better description) but you guys on here are great!!

:huge giant smile:

Now look! I'm jealous enough of the Ducati - always loved the Ducati Monster particularly, but being 5'9" and only 58 kgms is downright showing off! I've just thrown myself into a serious session of 'Atkins' dieting in the hopes of getting back down to about 73 kgms, at which point, being five feet nine and a half I'm pretty slim.

Jude[:P]

[quote user="Mr Wiggy"]

Hi Sam.

What have you done with that Beautiful manicured lawn you had???

Mr W.

[/quote]

the fosse septique had to be installed, we also  'lost' those 3 enormous trees[:(]

but it's looking better now.