Insurance - ouch!

Beemer1150

Hey, what's going on?

Everything I've heard said that bike insurance in France was cheaper than the UK - and here I am looking at a quote for 465€ for an old git on a Beemer with an IAM ticket! I was paying less than £200 in the UK (and that included my winter hack)!

The quote was from Generali, they were great for the camper van and OK (about UK level) for the car, but 465€ for the bike...?

Suggestions please, bearing in mind that I speak French like the proverbial Spanish cow at the moment (don't hassle me - I'm learning as fast as I can).

Mike - grey but not Zimmered

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone - I now have a much more realistic quote from AMV

A question tho'...

Can anyone please explain in layman's terms the difference between Dommage Collision and Dommage Accident ,Tous Risques, in AMV policies? My French isn't too good yet, but if I read it correctly Dommage Collison provides cover for the bike in accidents with an identifiable third party - does this mean that if you bin it without hitting anyone else you're not covered for damage to your own bike but if you have Dommage Accident you are?

Any assistance appreciated while I struggle to learn the language (too old, grey cells dying off every day...!)

Mike