MOTORCYCLE AND SIDECAR.

Jaydeez

Having only ever been on a motorbike once in my life.  Can anyone tell me if you buy a motorcycle and sidecar, can you fit the side car on either side or would you need to buy the said thing in france so that it is on the correct side.....strange question I know but there you go!

If you fit the sidecar on the other side then I assume that the sidecar wheel would be next to the riders foot!

I would say that to avoid the complexities of trying to obtain a certificate of conformity for a UK sourced outfit, it might be much easier and cheaper to try and find one in France.

[quote user="Bob T"]If you fit the sidecar on the other side then I assume that the sidecar wheel would be next to the riders foot!
[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]

Not too good on corners with that combination

Have a look at one of these

Vespa's very sporty three wheeled scooter

Vespa but Piaggio also do one similar. I'm told that they ride very well and have the security that you are looking for.

A few years ago we were staying at a friend's house in Charente. Across the lane was a workshop whose owner imported these Ural combos from Russia, then used 2CV parts to convert them to all-wheel drive! They were amazing bits of kit, with all 3 wheels powered!

M