Total open new dedicated bike stations

Sunday Driver

Total have recently opened two brand new service stations dedicated to bikes.  They feature such things like special easy-use fuel nozzles, helmet holders, etc.  If they're well received, they plan to open more...

Details [url=http://www.total.fr/fr/total.nsf/VS_SWIPSA/32642CB5C762D563C125742E0059D75E?OpenDocument&UNI=4A70090BBE2A2B95C125701900597A4B&LG=FR&]HERE[/url].

• 5 weeks later...
[quote user="Mungo"]Anything for bikes is always appreciated but I didn't quite understand what was so easy about the new pump nozzles. [/quote]

They are hung high so you have less risk of damaging the tank paintwork when filling up.

Great idea, lets hope it catches on.

[quote user="Chezstevens"]Yes, I nearly did the same with my R1200RT when distracted .... owning a diesel car can be habit forming!!

[/quote]

I can understand the confusion, especially riding something that sounds like a diesel anyway .....................[Www]

[:D][:D][:D]

Don't remind me...

I used to routinely fill my diesel Bora at Safeway, but I'd generally fill the bike up at the local Texaco garage.  Returning from a late London trip one night, I pulled into the Texaco garage to fill up the car - and automatically went to the usual petrol pump.....

An hour later, I got towed into the local breakdown garage to have the petrol emptied out of the Bora's tank. 

Never mind, my company accepted the explanation on my expenses claim..........[;-)]

[quote user="Bugbear"][quote user="Chezstevens"]Yes, I nearly did the same with my R1200RT when distracted .... owning a diesel car can be habit forming!!
[/quote]

I can understand the confusion, especially riding something that sounds like a diesel anyway .....................[Www]

[:D][:D][:D]

[/quote]

I was thinking more 'Cement mixer'  ;)

[quote user="Bugbear"][quote user="Mungo"]Anything for bikes is always appreciated but I didn't quite understand what was so easy about the new pump nozzles. [/quote]

They are hung high so you have less risk of damaging the tank paintwork when filling up.

Great idea, lets hope it catches on.

[/quote]

Ah, I get it now.  Thanks for the info.  What would also be great is a little torch light on the nozzle so that you can see when the tank is nearly full.  Obviously they would need to ensure safety first but some sort of fibre optics could do it, I'm sure.